Friday, August 13, 2010

Art Unraveled - Class 3

"Wisdom Book"
with Kelly Kilmer
(all photos taken with permission from the artist)

As we continue on our journey of Art Unraveled, I wanted to share with you pictures of an evening class I took with mixed-media artist and instructor Kelly Kilmer. In it, we learned to construct a 6 x 9 book from scratch. We made the spine, the front an back covers and 20 interior pages. Some of the pages were painted prior being sewn into the spine, and some were left blank to be completed at a later date. By the end of the 3 hours, I left with a big book just begging to be finished. Oh, and a new found love of Kelly herself - she is warm and kind and an amazing talent!

Here are a few snapshots of the evening . . .

Painted canvas spine
Some interior pages in progress
The final result - waiting for further inspiration
My hands at the end of class - so you know it was good!

Thanks for coming with me. I will post about my last class tomorrow: "Gridlock Wood Collage" with Karen Michel . . .

Kristin xo

7 comments:

Kelly Kilmer said...

It was wonderful to meet you!!!! I hope you have a great time working in your book. Keep in touch :) LOVE LOVE LOVE the photos, too!

indie grrrl said...

This looks awesome. LOVE your color choices!
ooooooh and Karen Michel.... love her work too. Thanks for sharing. This is really fun to see what goes on. xo

Lisa said...

OOh - I love that book! Gorgeous play and gorgeous photos. Ok, I'll have to check her out now. Fun, fun!!

SoSoBella said...

going back to read more. love the book :O)

K J D said...

Your messy hands say it all! Looking forward to seeing more of this project!!!!

Karenx

Carin said...

So cool! I'd love to take a class with Kelly Kilmer at some point! Great result too!

Amy said...

The book is amazing..cherish it!