Thursday, March 31, 2011

100 Illustrations

"The World on a String"

I'm thrilled to (finally) be able to share with you the pieces I've been working on for Diana Evans' project, 100 Illustrations. Yep, that means I'm gonna be in a book - along with several other artists - that will be coming out this year! How cool is that!? . . .

So does the piece above look somewhat familiar? You may remember this piece (of the same name) that I did for my friend's nursery a few months back? Well, It was suggested by one of my biggest fans (okay, it's my Dad ;) to make it again for the book using the world as a yo-yo. I changed the figure a bit (making her more round than her predecessor) and chose a pink page-boy cut but other than that, the sentiment is the same.

"Future Paleontologist"

The second piece for the book (there are a total of two pages along with a character meant to represent ourselves) was directly inspired by the uber-talented Joanna from Bird on Her Head in a recent comment she made suggesting that I create a piece about Kendra. I couldn't imagine a better way to honor my baby than to include her in the project, so I did my best to capture her style and passion for dinosaurs here. Thank you Joanna for the inspiration - I don't know if I would have done it without the seed you planted in my head . . .

I'll let you know when the book is released and would like to thank Dianajoanna, my Dad and you for all of your support and inspiration. It really means so much.

Kristin xo

9 comments:

Joyce said...

How exciting for you!

Mandy said...

go girl..how cute are these and congrats on being in a book...i know when i get stuff published in magazines that i am excited that photos of my kids are in print...btw i still have a few to get in some...it seems to be maddie most of the time...lol...but in a book..hats amazing...i feel so excited for you...oh...my next episode in the twins story has just been posted too...xxx

E Makes Art said...

You seriously rock!! These illustrations are all fantastic!! You deserve to be in a book with your talent. I LOVE all three of these.

Remember us little ones when you're famous, LOL!!
xoE

joanna said...

OH WOW!! Thank you for your kind words. Congrats on the book! These illustrations are great!You are on to something here, Kristin! MAKE MORE! MAKE MORE!
xoxox

Diane said...

How wonderful that your art will be published in a book like this--and yes--such a good idea to use Kendra as one of your inspirations--brilliant!

Tahnya Marie said...

These are all really cool. I love the Kendra one, it's nice to see inspiration take shape in such a marvellous way. Congrats for being in a book, you deserve it! I have to say, I love that your little "portrait" has shoes that look like hearts. So cute. Although I love colour, I must say I also really liked the pictures/sketches in black and white also. You're so wonderfully talented Kristin!

JessiVille said...

Yes, I see you and Kendra wonderfully in your beautiful paintings! Fabulous! I'm so excited for you that you are to be published in a book. The world on a string is brilliant too! I also enjoyed the black and white of the sketches for you and Kendra that you shared on the previous post. You are so special and talented! xox

K J D said...

Clever clogs!!!! I am so pleased you are going to be published...... huge congratulations to you!!!

I love both pieces!

Karenx

Rose said...

What a wonderful painting really, I've not interest too much painting but your this impressive piece of painting insist me to become your fan. :) Thanks for lovely sharing.