Monday, April 20, 2015

A Brilliant, Gorgeous, Talented, Fabulous Day. . .



"We ask ourselves, 'who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' 
Actually, who are you not to be?"
-- Marianne Williamson


It was a Brilliant, Gorgeous, Talented, Fabulous day Saturday as I taught my latest class at Venus Studios in Palm Desert, CA. The colors were bright & poppy, the students were sweet & lovely and the art was altogether joyous. 

So, for todays artistic offering, I thought it would be fun to share some of the class works in process. Wanna see? Okay good! Here we go:

Mimosa's and watercolor crayons? Um, but of course!

Step 1: Creating collaged backgrounds




Step 2: Adding color, depth and details




Step 3: Learning to sketch a whimsical portrait



And Lastly: Putting it all together.

See? It really was a Brilliant, Gorgeous, Talented & Fabulous day! Anddddd I personally loved every minute of it.



Oh! And speaking of loving every minute of it: believe it or not, The Summer of Color 5 begins in just six short weeks from today! Um yeah. That's true. Just six tiny Mondays from today. Pop over to the SOC5 Facebook page for more. 

Wheeeeeeee. . . .

To Love, Art & Being Fabulous,
Kristin xo

19 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

Mmm....mimosas, vibrant colors, art, and you-now that is perfect!!! Wish I could've been there too. Summer of color -bring it on!!

Giggles said...

Gorgeous inspiring class!! I bet they had a blast! Good going Kirstin. Their art seems awesome!!
Good for you and them!!Thanks for sharing!

Hugs Giggles

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks like you all had BIG fun at the class! Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Great ! Musthave been an amazimg class..love the yummie colors and scraps!

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hello greetings and good wishes.

A riot of attractive, eye catching colors. Brilliant creativity.

Best wishes

Sharon Fritchman said...

I am so excited for the SOC 5!!! WOOHOO! I can't believe that it starts in 6 short weeks! And your art work is absolutely gorgeous, my friend! Thank you for sharing your talents and art process with all of us! HUGS!!!!

Mary Ann Potter said...

Such beautiful works here, Kristin! And yes and amen and woo hoo for the Summer of Color! Can't wait!

Christine said...

Love all the colours, thanks for sharing your class!

TwinkleToes2day said...

What a happy, colour filled post!! And your class pieces are indeed Brilliant, Gorgeous & Talented :o)) xo

artfullycarin@gmail.com said...

Oh wow Kristin, that looks like so much fun! I must break out my crayons again- it's been way too long. xoxo

K J D said...

It looks like you had brilliant fun.... love all the art that was created.

Really excited about Summer of Color

Just 6 weeks? = :)

Karen x

Michellem said...

Wish I lived close enough to take one of your classes - looks like a blast! Plus Mimosas - are you kidding me??
Wow -
Can't wait for SOC5!

massofhair said...

Oh no, how quickly is 2015 going!!! Only six weeks until your WONDERFUL SOC Challenge, i am looking forward to it but where has the time gone Kristin!

Looks like a wonderful class and i am trying to draw whimsical faces at the moment, great looking template :-) xxx

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Looks like a fun class! Wish I lived closer. Last year was my first time participating in SOC & I can't wait to play again!

scrapwordsmom said...

Oh what FUN!! And Summer of Color 5?! How can it be?? I remember your first one!!

GREAT job my sweet friend. I want to meet and create art with you one day!!!:)

xoxo

Laila said...

Sounds like a fun class. SOC 5, can't wait for it to start, it was so much fun last year. The button already installed. Thumbs up!

Vicki said...

Please tell me how to subscribe to your blog. I've looked all over and can't seem to find it. I've already asked to join the FB page. Thanks so much.

Carmen said...

I was really enjoying that post and then you threw in about SoC at the end and now I'm all "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

"YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!"

Woohoo!

*ahem*

But yes, the class looks fabulous, I so love that first picture with all the gloopy gorgeous colour.

sheila 77 said...

What great colourful collages, makes we want to make one NOW!