Monday, April 27, 2015

Right Here & Now . . . .

9 x 12 WIP on pressed cardboard


Just a short little ditty about a few things going on Right Here & Now . . . 

First, there's a new girl in town - the WIP above was created on pressed cardboard (from the back of a pad of watercolor paper no less ;) that was first treated with Gesso applied with a palette knife. That said, my obsession with palette knives is officially well, official. If you wanna see her progress (I'm going for a palette of mostly whites), check out my Instagram feed for more. 


Speaking of Here & Now, today is the day that my first Life Book lesson airs! Yippeee! If you're on Life Book 2015, I hope you'll enjoy it! I. Am. So. looking forward to seeing your results. And of course, if you have any questions at all, please ask away. I'm honored to be here for you! 


Oh! And guess what?! This girl actually updated her much neglected Etsy shop! I've included the set of 5 canvases (above) just back from Somerset Studio's "With One Palette," along with several new original paintings. I do hope they bring someone as much love as I felt while creating them.


And . . . . it's beginning to look a lot like the SOC! The The Summer of Color 5 is just 5 tiny weeks away and the Facebook group is already hopping. If you're joining for the first time or if you're a seasoned vet, I promise, this is one year not to be missed.

And there you have it! A little bit about what's happening Right Here & Now.

To Love, Art & Exciting Things to Come,
Kristin xo

14 comments:

massofhair said...

Hi Kristin 2015 is flying by:-( Am however looking forward to SOC!!!

Gorgeous girl you have drawn & Huge Congrats on your Life Book 2015 lesson going live today.

Huge Hugs
Mo:-) xxx

TwinkleToes2day said...

And another Mo here :D Lol
The canvasses look amazing, I love the colours - MY colours - green being my favourite. Looking forward to SOC very much, but oh my, I do wish the days would slowww down a tad {{Hugs}} xo

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Un très joli petit billet qui nous fait entrevoir de jolies oeuvres dont celle avec ce regard au "clin d'oeil" avec ses joues rosies en forme de coeur.

❀ Gros bisous ❀

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you are 'on the move' again with all your lovely projects! Valerie

artfullycarin@gmail.com said...

You're rocking the here and now, mama! So many lovely projects...and yay for your Lifebook lesson going live. Well done hun!

Christine said...

Good for you with the palette knives!

Linda Kunsman said...

gorgeous colors on your canvasses! Would love to see more of your palette painted page but I don't have instagram:( Looks fab though! I'm only beginning to play more with a palette knife but it is proving to be fun. I bet the students are all going to LOVE your LB lesson!!

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hello greetings and good wishes.

I am amazed and spell bound by your work of art. Fascinating.

Best wishes

brenda lee said...

Congrats about your Life book Lesson! I still need to sign up for that... been putting it off, but I can no longer resist it!

I am super excited about SOC! I had such a blast last year.

Lovely lady you have going there! Can't wait to see her finished.

K J D said...

I have watched your Life Book Lesson and I LOVED it!!!!! and I am very much looking forward to starting it tonight!!!!!!!! Happy happy happy!

I loved Kendra's contribution :)

5 weeks to Summer of Color? Hooray :)

Karen x

Caz said...

I can't believe its almost time for summer of colour again, i can't wait though! I love your girl, she is amazing!

sheila 77 said...

Great art here, the monochrome and the fabulous colours, both super.

Alexandra MacVean said...

I'm going crazy at how fast this year is flying by. I've got a lot on my table but it would sure be fun to hop on board your SOC! :) I LOVE your work. :)

sheila 77 said...

Great drawing, fascinating technique - I'm saving my cardboard from now on.
Love your one-palette, a great choice of colours.